REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
The Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is sad to announce, they will NOT be hosting a face-to-face fair this year. There will, however, be a virtual opportunity for students to connect with colleges and/or universities. This years fair will be hosted by the University of Anchorage and StriveScan, we are excited to partner with them for this event, see registration details below:
Anchorage Alaska College & Career Fair
October 13 & 14, 2020
The goal of the virtual college and career exploration program is to provide students with a wealth of college and career training search information, allow them to learn about different institutions, and ask questions of admissions counselors, all in a safe, flexible, online format.
The virtual program will consist of both panel presentations and a more traditional college and career and career fair experi! ence, where students will be able to get exposure and interact with a large number of organizations in a two-day program.
StriveScan hosted their nationwide Strive Virtual College Exploration program this spring and it was an overwhelming success with over 180,000 students and 500 colleges and universities from around the world. They are also hosting virtual fairs in more than 20 ! states this fall. We are partnering with StriveScan to bring a more tailored version of this program designed to serve the students across all of Alaska.
Tuesday, October 13, 4:00-7:45 PM
- Panel presentations
Wednesday, October 14, 12:00-3:45 PM
- Virtual College Fair
Registration is now open! CLICK HERE to register. There are two options available for you to participate. You can participate in a panel presentation and/or the virtual fair:
Space is very limited. Panel presentation submissions must be complete. This includes session title, description, institutions! and presenters. TBD submissions will not be accepted. Your panel must include at least 3 colleges or organizations represented and will be 45 minutes. Each organization may have multiple panelists from the same institution, but the 3 organization minimum must still be met.
- College knowledge or career topics
- Examples: Applying to College as an LGBTQ+ Student, S! cholarships for Alaskans, Do’s and Don’ts of Essay Writing, Navigating Financial Aid and Reconsideration, Being Undecided, Test-Optional, Parents’ Role in the College Search, The Common App: Everything You Need to Know, Applying with College Credit from High School, Exploring Career and Technical Training, Living on Campus
- Affinity group of colleges or career training programs
- Examples: The State Public Colleges, Jesuit Colleges, Taste of the South, Military Careers
StriveScan’s 6X6 virtual college and career fair. After registration closes, you will be assigned by the Anchorage Alaska College and Career Fair committee to a group with 5 other institutions (total of 6 colleges or employers per group).
- Your group’s session will be 45-minutes long, allowing for each institution to present for 6 minutes.
- Throughout the entire 45 minutes, students will be able to ask questions via chat.
- There will be multiple concurrent group sessions happening each hour.
- Students will register through StriveScan for each group session they want to attend.
- All 6 institutions in the group will receive the StriveScan student data for all of the students who registered for your group’s session.
- Your total time commitment is approximately one hour per fair session.
- Sessions are hosted by Stri veScan via Zoom Webinars (students will not be on camera).
- You may have up to two representatives from your institution as panelists during the session. Some institutions may want to have one representative dedicated to answering questions in the chat.
- For more detailed information, please visit https://www.strivescan.com/virtual/6×6/.
- Panel presentations (college/career knowledge or affinity group): $200 per organization
- Virtual fair: $100 per organization
Please feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
On behalf of the Anchorage Alaska College & Career Fairs and Alaska College Fair circuit coordinators, we thank you for your support!!